Difference between revisions of "CNC"
|Line 3:||Line 3:|
progress on the mailing list.
Revision as of 18:15, 18 November 2011
When: Many Saturdays noon - 3 PM or Anytime (Check the calendar or the Collexion-CNC list to see if we're meeting any particular Saturday before coming down!)
Donation marathon in progress on the mailing list.
- Jason: $200
- Nick: $200
- Dave: $400
- Derek: $200
- Aaron: $100
- Dustin: $100
- Edgar: $100
- Ashley: $100
- Noah: $200
- Todd: $350
Nick's matching 10% after this point:
- James: $200 + 10% $(220)
- Mike D: $200 + 10% ($220)
- Mike A: $100 + 10% ($110)
- John: $100 + 10% ($110)
Total so far: $2610 (11/18/2011 5:14 PM)
- Provide Collexion members and the wider Lexington community with:
- the means to create, modify, and share open-source designs for furniture, homewares, and other goods
- the means to fabricate these goods
- Learn CNC the fun way -- from the ground up!
- Showcase the open-source software and hardware that will be used in this project
- Encourage the use of locally-produced building materials
- Localize the means of production for home goods
- Educate the community about the benefits of DIY and open source
- Reduce the amount of money that flows to corporations who are ignoring their duties to their customers and society at large
- World Peace
We are building an example of Joe's 4x4 Hybrid CNC Router:
Active discussions happen at periodic in-person meetings at Collexion (check the Collexion Calendar ) and at http://groups.google.com/group/collexion-cnc . Everyone is welcome to subscribe to that list.
- Drills (Jason has cordless to borrow)
- Circular Saw (Jason has cordless to borrow)
- metal cutting saw (Collexion)
- table saw (Collexion)
- a 5/16" tap (a device that threads the inside of a hole to enable a screw/bolt to fasten) (need)
- screwdriver(im sure we have plenty)
- time on someone else's CNC Router to cut out gantry parts. (Or buy a kit)
To Do List
- Analyze Joe's plans
- Develop shopping list
- Source Parts
- Get Tools
- Get CNC Hardware
- Get Router
- Purchase materials
- Explore software options
- Dust collection. (Will serve entire shop (table saw, etc.), not just the router, right?)
- http://www.kelinginc.net -- Steppers, controllers, kits.
- http://www.homeshopcnc.com -- Steppers, controllers, kits.
- http://www.castcnc.com -- Eliminate MDF parts with an aluminum casting?
- http://www.dumpstercnc.com -- Anti-backlash nuts & accessories.
Some other plans we considered. All are viable, and our selection of Joe's plans should NOT be taken to diminish any of these fine designs.
- Resource used for our build http://buildyourcnc.com/default.aspx
- The Book http://buildyourcnc.com/Book.aspx
- The Plans http://buildyourcnc.com/Documents/CNC%20Kit%201-1.pdf