Difference between revisions of "Makerbot Thing-O-Matic build notes"

From Collexion
Jump to: navigation, search
(Fixed layout, added photos of broken rib)
Line 11: Line 11:
  
  
We broke one of the Automated Build Platform's wooden ribs (with bushings for the drive rods). Some of the corners are really delicate. We repaired it with epoxy and marked the joint with black arrows.
+
[[File:broken_rib_front.jpg|thumb|border|Broken rib, front]]
 +
[[File:broken_rib_back.jpg|thumb|border|Broken rib, back]]
 +
We broke one of the Automated Build Platform's wooden ribs (with bushings for the drive rods). Some of the corners are really delicate. We repaired it with epoxy inside, a dab of hot glue outside, and marked the joint with black arrows in case it causes problems down the road.
  
  

Revision as of 19:02, 26 February 2011

This space is intended to document progress on our Makerbot build. It should contain any information that other builders or future users might need to know, as well as general build status.

2/26/2011

Initial build session. All parts packages accounted for.

Tools to bring to the space for build sessions:

  • Utility knife and/or scissors
  • Needle-nose pliers


Broken rib, front
Broken rib, back

We broke one of the Automated Build Platform's wooden ribs (with bushings for the drive rods). Some of the corners are really delicate. We repaired it with epoxy inside, a dab of hot glue outside, and marked the joint with black arrows in case it causes problems down the road.


Accomplished:

  • Wiring attached to conveyor motor
  • ABP build begun
  • Y-stage build begun