Revision as of 16:58, 17 March 2011 by Shrapnel
Conduct a soldering workshop to educate the community and drum up interest in DIY activities!
- Solar-powered Pummer nocturnal light flasher (cost + parts list? $15-$20?)
- TV-B-Gone mischief-maker ($19.50 @ AdaFruit)
- Alarm Clock ($24.95 @ Sparkfun)
- Electronic Dice ($19.95 @ Sparkfun)
- MintyBoost ($19.50 @ AdaFruit)
- USB BoarDuino ($25.00 @ AdaFruit)
Note: AdaFruit offers a 40% discount on kits purchased by hackerspaces, with a $250 minimum order. That's probably $250 post-discount, right?
- Borrow soldering irons from the community, purchase as few as possible (40W+).
- Make sure the space has solder, flux, desoldering braid, and tip-cleaning supplies like cellulose sponges.
- Find a way to project live video for instructor demonstration.
- Advertise, maybe point out common uses for soldering?
- $0.99 + 2.5% of ticket price
- plus 3% for EventBrite credit card processing
- Google Checkout or PayPal supported (PayPal per-ticket $0.30 + about 3%, Google Checkout fees unknown)
- Checkins: Web, native iPhone app, 3rd-party Android app
- $1.00/ticket under $10 ticket price
- $2.00/ticket over $10 ticket price
- plus 5% for TicketLeap credit card processing
- PayPal supported (per-ticket $0.30 + about 3%)
- Checkins: Web, mobile web, native Android app
- $20 flat fee per event
- Paypal per-ticket fees $0.30 + about 3%
- Checkins: Web, native iPhone app, native Android app